Why Outsourcing Inbound Marketing is the best option for most Small Businesses
If you are a small business owner and you read beyond this paragraph, I’m going to share my inexorable logic why outsourcing inbound marketing is the best of all possible options to find new customers for your small business.
If you are a small business owner, what are the two things that you value most?
After speaking and working with many small business owners, and being a small business owner myself, I can tell you without a doubt, the two most valuable things you possess as a small business owner are (1) time and (2) money:
- Time. There’s just not enough of it. It’s your most valuable resource. With it you create the 2nd most valuable thing which is:
- Money. It’s scarce. If you invest it, there’s got to be a return on investment, period. The higher the better, so if you can measure it, and improve it, so much the better.
Time and money are your most valuable resources. And everybody wants what you’ve got. That is precisely why Outsourcing Inbound Marketing is the best of possible options for you.
First, why outsourcing your marketing makes business sense
If you outsource your marketing, it saves you time. You don’t have to do it. If there’s a return on investment, and it helps you make more money, then you’d be foolish not to do it, right? You’re saving time and making money!
Second, out of all the marketing alternatives, why inbound marketing?
If you are looking for something you need, what do you turn to first? Do you go to the yellow pages? Or do you do a search using your favorite search engine? If you’re like most consumers and business buyers, you sit down at your computer, or use your smart phone, and search for what you’re looking for… and you ultimately find what you’re looking for (without the yellow pages).
And the companies who show up at the top of the rankings, and provide you the things you’re looking for? They’re practicing inbound marketing. With Inbound Marketing, you develop a web presence, and promote yourself online so that when your customers are looking for products or services that you offer, they (1) find you and contact you first (2) you convert them into a customer, and you (3) measure the results.
Inbound Marketing: How it Works
Inbound Marketing uses the best practices in Web Design, SEO, PPC, Blogging, Social Media… and ROI Analytics:
- Web Design ~ WordPress Websites and Blogs that position you in your unique niche, and put you in the driver’s seat.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ~ Top search engine rankings for keyword phrases that drive targeted traffice to your website.
- Pay per Click Marketing ~ Pay per Click Marketing augments your organic SEO, and helps you focus on keyword groupings and landing pages that will help you convert traffic into inquiries and sales.
- Blogging ~ Timely and relevant information that positions you as an expert in your niche, so that when your prospects have a need they call you first.
- Social Media ~ Connect with People, Collect and share information that it useful to your prospects and customers, Use that information to inform your own Editorial Direction, and Create your own content.
- Traditional and Online PR ~ Leverage content, events, accomplishments to gain back links from other influential websites, and also media hits with traditional journalists.
- ROI Analytics ~ Measure the effectivness of your marketing activities to see what’s working and what’s not working, and invest your dollars where you can achieve the greatest ROI.
The catch? It really works best if you are doing all of these things simultaneously. It doesn’t work if you just try one tactic here, another tactic there. You might get some results with one or two tactics, but to really make it work, it requires a commitment–and it’s a process, not an event. But you can execute an Inbound Marketing program very cost-effectively, and that leads me to why Outsourcing Inbound Marketing is your best possible alternative.
Third, why Outsourcing Inbound Marketing is the best option
What are your options?
- Do it Yourself: Not an option. You have more important things to do with your time.
- Use an In-house Resource: It’s expensive to hire a full-time person, and it might only get partly done because many different skills are required. To be effective, Inbound Marketing requires simultaneous execution of multiple tactics, and a sustained effort.
- Outsourcing Inbound Marketing to a Competent 3rd Party who can handle it for you: It’ll get done and you can measure the ROI.
The great news? Inbound Marketing is very cost-effective. You can get a lot for a relatively small investment.
Conclusion: So now hopefully I’ve been able to present a logical argument why outsourcing your Marketing, if it’s producing a measurable return on investment, is a wise decision. And by implementing an Inbound Marketing Strategy, you’ll help you find your prospects and customers find you at precisely the most important moment: when they’re looking for you!
And that is how I arrive at my claim that Outsourcing Inbound Marketing is the best of all possible alternatives for your business. Because it’ll help you spend more of your time doing the things you need to do to take your business to the next level, and you’ll be making more money.
Pages related to Outsourcing Inbound Marketing :
Leave a comment
Small Business Marketing Blog
- The Power of Ideas: Positive Thinking Produces Positive Results
- A Great CMS for Small Business Websites
- You Are Stronger Than You Think You Are
- Free Social CRM: Get Rich Contact Profiles Inside Gmail
- Create your own Social Media Email Signature
- 18-Minutes a Day to Greater Productivity
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Top Rankings
- The Best Social Media CRM